Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Sum of My Parts...

I struggle to find words to describe me. I have thoughts and opinions that I express with words far too big for my mouth, but when it comes down to me…I have nothing to say. What do I want? I want to find a peace and sense of self worth. I crave a higher being. I crave spirituality. I crave prayer that I feel gets heard. Who am I, and why is it so hard to answer that question? I am. Is it enough to just be?

Who do you think I am? As much as I would love to say that I ignore what others think of me…in truth, it makes up who I am. What others say or think of me validates who I am. Perhaps it even makes up the sum of me. If I could ignore what others thought or said, would I even exist? Would I become a shell of me? So, instead of me telling you who I am…tell me who you think I am. Tell me what you think of me…and that is who I will become.

0 loves left: