Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting Freaky In Front Of Jesus...

It’s a quarter after noon and I’m doped up on caffeine and Klonopin. I’m freaking the fuck out because I feel like I’ve wasted my break. It’s only Thursday. I still have time. But, I feel like it has to all be done today. A chapter to read in Women’s Studies and a 2 pg journal about it to write, a chapter I don’t want to read for Biology, at least 5 journals and a reflective piece that I have no clue how to write for my journaling class. Fuck. Take another drink of coffee. Try to focus and write this damned entry. Try to make it worthwhile enough to be used for my journal. Write a little, swig the coffee.

I’ve got lyrics in my head that have nothing to do with anything but they run like a broken record in my brain. Maybe I should open the window to listen to the rushing cars as they zoom down College. It’s as close to nature as I get living in the city. Cars hurrying past and mimicking the sound of a river.

I turn on my mp3 player on the laptop, search for the song that won’t end, and play it. “Come on people now, smile on your brother. Try to love one another right now…” There. I can ease up a little. I stretch, reaching to the ceiling for a moment before slumping back over the keyboard.

A noise outside the door makes me turn my head. I catch a glimpse of D’s newly acquired Black Velvet Jesus Paint By Number…unpainted. In great condition, too. She’s excited to paint it and frame it. Where it’s going to go, I have not a clue. Hopefully not in the boudoir, I don’t want Jesus watching me get freaky.

0 loves left: