Wednesday, April 7, 2010

And The Beat Goes On...

I've got a nice mix of Lortab, Percocet, and Coke Zero coursing through me. I'm not the most lucid I've ever been so I hope, dear reader, you will forgive and forget if I make no sense.

I thought it was time for a life update. My semester is nearly complete and I've got a whirlwind of papers to write and exams to study for. 4 more weeks. This semester has flown by. Hell, this whole school year has flown by. June will be my one-year anniversary of living in the big city. There are days when it feels as if I've been here all along...and days when everything seems fresh and I feel so green and new. It's coming together, though. Our apartment has become a really kitschy and comfy pad. We are currently lacking a dresser and a bed frame...but they are simmering. D talked about going to get a bed frame today. By herself. I don't think it'll fit in my car...but who knows.

Anyway, so I'm sure you are curious about the pain killer cocktail. Somehow I've managed to injure my left leg to the point that it's in constant sharp, nerve pain and goes numb on occasion. Having an MRI tomorrow...I'll keep you updated, dear reader...for, I'm certain you are biting at the bit and dying to know what is wrong with my poor leg.

Shaylin is in daycare now because D needs to be here to help me. I have to admit I feel a little guilt for this. I know that Shay needs to move on to a learning environment where she is exposed to kids for long periods of time...but did I really need to be the catalyst that sent her to daycare in a whirlwind? D is having a rough go of it. I completely understand...after being with her daily for nearly 1.5 yrs, you are gonna go through a lil separation anxiety, amiright?

I think that's about it for now. It will be nap time soon. I suppose I'll wrap up this installment by sharing a blog that I have recently (yesterday) fell in love with. It's called six sentences. Check it out and you'll understand. I'm working on my 6 sentences so I can post, too. Look for me :)

1 loves left:

Maxine Dangerous said...

Six Sentences rules! I've had a few things published there. :)