Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Attempt At Poetry...

if you know me on an intimate level, you know i am a writer at heart...but not a poet. i decided to step outside my box and try my hand at a poem just for the fun of it. it is a rework of this piece. any and all feedback would be appreciated and welcomed with an open mind.

*deep breath* here goes...

Struggling to find words that illustrate me
Shaping who I am and where I’ve been
Thoughts and opinions get expressed
In words far too big for my pretty mouth

By the time it’s made it all the way ‘round
I’ve lost the words
Sentences flying out the window of a moving car
Spitting against the wind and all of that jazz

I’m mute
I open my mouth and flap my jaws
Snapping my teeth at the moon
Snarling at the heavens

Yearning for a being higher than I
Longing to be in touch with spirituality
Hungering for acceptance
And craving prayer I feel gets heard

I need peace
Piece of mind
Self-worth
And self-control

Do you know me?
Am I familiar?
Why won’t you answer me?
Are you even out there?

Is it enough to just be?

0 loves left: