Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bittersweet Birthday...


my birthday has come and gone.  i'm officially in the 3rd decade of my life.  it feels funny to know i'm 30 because i feel so much younger.  i could pass for 25 (i think so, anyway) in the looks department.  i feel like i'm 20.  that probably has something to do with being in college, though.  anyway...so i thought perhaps my dear readers (all 3 of you!) would like to see photos of my birthday cake.  my sister baked me a giant cupcake and i ate it just like one would eat a giant cupcake...i bit right into it!  (as i'm sure any of you would!) 

i spent my birthday crying on and off.  i miss my grandma.  i miss my folks and sister.  i miss my grandpa.  my gramps called me, but he forgot how old i was...which brought tears.  neither him nor his wife knew i was turning 30 and they forgot to send my card until the day of.  (am i being a big baby...?)  i got to see my folks and sister just before christmas and saw my mom (just for a few minutes...she was busy at work) and picked up my gifts a couple days ago.  they spoiled me...as usual! 


i spent my actual birthday with denise and shaylin.  d took us out to on the border for lunch and then we went goodwill shopping together.  shay told the waiter it was my birthday and all the servers came over to sing and clap for me.  she got a kick out of it so i put up with it.  after we left for the evening, we headed home to get gussied up for dinner (i had a new outfit to wear, of course...lol).  d took me to amici's.  we'd never been before...it was really good!  i love italian food and this place tasted pretty authentic.  it was kinda tiny inside.  we sat at a table by the window.  i had a seafood penne in this pink sauce with capers in it.  there were shrimp and the biggest scallops in it that i've ever eaten!  it was very good.  it came with fresh bread and a salad (everytime i say that word i can hear spongebob pronouncing it as sal-add) with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  we shared some eggplant parmigiana as an appetizer and for dessert we shared a slice of almond torte and some gelato.  needless to say, we brought home big boxes of leftovers! all in all, it was a good birthday.

tonight is new year's eve.  i think d and i are going to spend it alone, on the couch.  we have to go to the store today to pick up some groceries for this weekend and i think i'll get some stuff to make a dinner of hors d'oeuvres for the 2 of us.  friday night serenity and leeann are coming over and we're all going to try to go to dave and buster's again.  last time we ended up hanging around the apartment, instead.  to prevent that from happening again, leeann and i decided that it was best to just meet them downstairs and get right into the car!  they are planning on spending the night with us and saturday morning i'm getting up and making us all biscuits and gravy, pancakes, and eggs.  (all by request...b's and g's for leeann, eggs for serenity, and pancakes for d)  saturday evening, d and i have dinner plans with jaimie (d's best friend from high school) and sunday i'm meeting april for a late lunch.  needless to say...my dance card is full this weekend.

0 loves left: