Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Blathering...

I look out of my office window and all I see is white.  There is a soft blanket covering the city and causing everyone to slow down a little.  The trees are quiet.  Sleeping giants who await the Spring.  Branches covered with ice and snow, their roots dormant beneath the frozen ground. 

The holidays are fast approaching...we're down to 4 days 'til Christmas and 9 days 'til my 31st birthday.  (yes, I count my birthday as a national holiday)  All the shopping is done (except for a red knit hat that my dad wants...).  Next comes the wrapping.  Ugh.  That is D's forte...not mine.  When I wrap a square box it ends up looking like a large blob of paper and tape.  It's a little embarrassing. 

I went shopping with Maxine today...I had $0 yet I managed to spend $67...?  I love credit cards.  Anyway, I bought a great new outfit for my birthday.  I'm spending the day with my sister and then probably going out to dinner with D.  I'm pretty excited about hanging with my sister.  She's a cool kitten.  She's planning the whole day...lunch, shopping, and a movie.  Hooray!

I'd say it's just about time for a nap.  Well, maybe I'll eat an orange first...but a nap is definitely in the near future. 

0 loves left: