Monday, December 27, 2010

Bring On The Balloons...

I've just finished devouring my 3rd piece of leftover pizza and I'm sucking Diet Coke out of the 2 ltr. bottle.  I'm slamming things around and beating at the keyboard with my fingertips while tears stream down my face.  This is not my proudest moment. 

Before D left for work, I said some pretty shitty things and was promptly told that I had an ugly attitude.  The longer I sit here and think about it...the more I agree with her.  Now, dear reader, this is not an "all-the-time" thing.  I don't go around saying nasty things...but when I'm in a foul mood (for whatever reason) I've been known to pop off at the mouth with some mean shit. 

I have to ask, though, am I the ONLY one who does this?!?  Surely not.  Everyone probably has an ugly side that they let out on occasion, right??  Right?!? 

Anyway...I now have two choices.  I can follow along in the same vein and be nasty and mean and ugly all day.  Or, I can recognize this for what it is...and move along; refusing to allow it to color my day. 

*Sigh*  I don't feel ready to make that choice.  I feel like I need some more time to be whatever it is that I'm being, just on a smaller scale.  So, I'm choosing Option C.  I'm going to eat a lil chocolate while crying the rest of this ugliness out.  Take a shower.  Put on my best face, and go do a couple errands. 

So now, gentle reader, if you'll excuse me I need to go throw myself a pity party.

0 loves left: