Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wedding Update...


We have officially signed the contract, paid the deposit, and mailed it to the hotel.  I am getting scared.  I feel like there is this big looming red circle on June 18th and I'm trying to slow down time.

I'm not scared of getting married.  I can't wait to be her wife.  It is the planning.  I'm in school full-time and I'm one of the creators and part of the leadership team for the soon-to-be-debuted IUPUI newspaper.  I'm working my tail off at school and at home to try and pass Finite and Grammar (why in the HELL did I take them in the same semester?!?) as well as attending meetings and functions for the newspaper and trying to find some sort of internship for the summer (preferably PAID...but I'll take anything part-time to get me into the field and make some connections). I have a LOT on my plate.

Now, dear readers, I don't want to give the impression that I'm alone in this planning thing.  D is fully invested, as are the better part of the wedding party.  It just seems that none of us have had the time to get together and really plan things out.  There is so much to do and it feels really overwhelming.  I know it's going to come together in the end.  I'm certain of that.  It's just the trip to that end that I'm dealing with currently.

I feel utterly blessed that I have the support system that I've got in D.  She gets it.  She gets me.  She knows that I'm stressing out and sometimes I feel bad that there is really nothing she can do to help me except for bringing me out of that crazy-ass spiral that I tend to go into when I start fretting about the wedding.

Spring break is looming.  I have 4 classes until I'm out for 10 whole days.  I'm hoping to do some planning while I'm off.  Months ago I bought a wedding magazine that I have yet to look at.  However, I have a ton of things to deal with for the newspaper while I'm off because our first issue comes out at the end of April.

Wow.  I feel a little lighter after getting all of that off my shoulders.  It is going to be okay.  D and I are getting married.  That is the thing that matters.  The day we get to profess our love and promises to each other and our loved ones.  We will have a beautiful wedding because it is OURS.

0 loves left: