Thursday, June 2, 2011

Circus Acts...

The wedding is mere days away.  I'm juggling iteneraries and lists and budgets and phone calls and emails...all while keeping my sanity.  (It truly is impressive...I think I could join the circus.) 

Another big change is a-brewing.  D and I have decided it's time to move.  Monday, we go to see a townhouse.  It's a little smaller than where we are now.  (D says we live 'New York Chic' now so I'm curious what a smaller place would be considered in her eyes...)

School ended positively.  A's in Italian and Fiction...B in Grammar (shocking!), and a C in Finite.  I don't think I've ever been prouder of a C in my life.  I've been exchanging emails with an Italian woman who lives here in the city on a semi-regular basis to try and keep it fresh for me.  I'm also on the hunt for a walkman (yes...a walkman) to play tapes of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone while I read along-in Italian, of course.  After the wedding, I'm going to get myself a couple of Italian movies, too. 

I just finished reading Tom Rachman's 'The Imperfectionists'.  Great read...I'd suggest it to anyone who writes or knows a writer.  Whether or not they are into journalism makes no difference...they will appreciate it.  Currently I'm about to begin chapter 6 of Sara Gruen's 'Water For Elephants'.  *swoon*  I'm absolutely in love with this book and am currently struggling to put it down.  I give myself about an hour or so in the afternoon to read and I have been cheating and reading a lil longer!  (shhh...)  'WFE' is about a kid who sort of accidentally joins the circus back in the 1930s.  If you know me...you know my love, appreciation, and awe I have for circuses and for that time period.  (I've never told anyone this but I think I was a circus performer in a former life.  Probably involving elephants and satin and sequins...)

On that note, I'll end this post because it's time to go make dinner for my honey.  I promise there will be more to come, though.  I'm going to try to post at least once more before the wedding.  We'll see if I can pull it off... 

0 loves left: